The AECF Renewable Energy and Adaptation to Climate Change Technologies Window
The Household Solar funding window will support innovative business models that improve access to electricity through off grid stand - alone household solar systems and deliver positive social and economic impacts in the four target countries.
On 10th May 2017, AECF launched the Renewable Energy and Adaptation to Climate Technologies (REACT) for businesses that are commercially active or have a strategic plan to enter the Household Solar System markets in one or more of the following countries: Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Sierra Leone.
What is offered?
Minimum funding is US$250,000 and Maximum funding is US$1.5 million
Which businesses are eligible?
- Be a private sector company that is aligned with the focus areas.
- For existing businesses, provide a track record of earning revenues from their users for existing product / service / demonstrated success in at least one market.
- For start-ups, provide summary of projections of expected revenues from the proposed business.
- Request a grant amount (grant and/ or repayable grant) between US$250,000 and US$1.5 million.
- Be able to show commitment of matching AECF funding on a 1:1 basis.
- Demonstrate sound financial health, including two years audited financial accounts, established financial management processes and procedures and dedicated financial management staff – headquarter and in country.
- Be legally registered in the country of doing business.
- Be compliant with fundamental human rights, UK Modern Slavery Act, all international labour standards and Environmental and Social Safeguards.
How to apply?
- Review the full requirements before applying (PDF to Term Sheet here)
- Submit Your concept note before 25th of June. Applications close 11.59pm BST
- Click here to Download the questions
The application period has ended.
Contact Us for more information